Do you need help screening for AI-written content? Are you a content creator using AI?
Luckily, there are some great AI content detection tools out there that not only flag questionable or unnecessary content but also save you a bunch of time and energy. Who wouldn’t love that?
You might be against paying for these tools when free options are available, but trust me, the paid options are worth every penny.
They offer extra features, more accurate results, and top-notch customer support, making them a savvy investment for any business.
Let’s explore the best AI content detection tools of the year, both paid and free, and see how they can help your business.
Use one of the best AI content detectors to make sure your content that doesn’t get flagged as AI-written content.
Here are my top picks for the best AI Content Detection Software.
Any business that wants to grow faster.
SEO, Content Marketers, and content publishers.
Content at Scale is the only AI tool that writes SEO-optimized articles from keywords and several different types of content. This AI writing platform also sports a free tool that detects AI content too!
Content at Scale produces human-like content, so there is actually no need to use AI content or plagiarism detection tools. They’re the only ones in the market that can do this right now.
Plus, it’s the only AI content writer that uses its own proprietary AI models, not just software layered with GPT-4.
Solve the challenges of scaling content, such as hiring writers, using a content service or marketplace, using AI writing tools, SEO specialists, and other time and money expenses.
- Create content from more than just a keyword
– keyword to blog
– existing URL to blog
– podcast to blog
– YouTube to blog
– Doc to post
- Long-form content
- Shopify plugin connects to your site to publish high-quality content right there.
- WordPress plugin syncs up your content, build internal links, and suggests semantically relevant words.
- Direct integration with Copyscape to detect plagiarism
Content at Scale is still in “early access” mode.
Low Tier (1) – $150 per month for 4 Blog Posts ($37.50 per post)
Low Tier (2) – $250 per month for 8 Blog Posts ($31.25 per post)
Starter – $500 per month for 20 Blog Posts ($25 per post)
Scaling – $1,000 per month for 50 Blog Posts ($20 per post)
Agency – $1,500 per month for 100 Blog Posts ($15 per post)
Need More Post Credits? – $25 each.
The content AI detector is free to use.
- Extremely fast way to detect AI-generated content
- Grades on a scale of 0% to 100%
Content at Scale as a whole:
- Write SEO-optimized content generated by AI that sounds like human content in minutes
- It does all the groundwork, such as topic research, writing the first draft, table of contents, blog title, metadata, and best practices to optimize for search engines.
- It’s like a marketing cheat code – create long-form content in one click. Then, fully optimized for search engines with just a few edits.
- Supports 100+ languages around the world
- Easy to learn
- Free detection tools are less than perfect, but the idea is to test for AI content and tendencies
- Using your own content might throw off the results
Start using Content at Scale today.
2. Winston AI
Winston AI is most known for being the perfect AI content detector tool for educators, teachers, and students who want to instantly know if the content was created by a human or artificial intelligence.
It’s also appealing to content creators, marketers, and web publishers too.
Winston AI claims it can detect a piece of content written by AI with an astounding 99% accuracy [but Originality.AI argues that it’s not]. It can check for plagiarism and readability too.
Winston AI showcases a dashboard, document management, project management, and content management. It currently supports English and French [German and Spanish coming soon].
It can be done in 3 easy steps: create a project, add the text to be verified, and then get the results.
- Start Project:
– easily organize and categorize documents and files
– label documents with a title and author
– simply find and view files by type
– paste text in the quick scan
– upload documents: .docx, .pdf, .png, and .jpg
– extract text from scanned printed or handwritten documents or pictures using OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
- Get Results:
– Grade AI content score on a scale of 0-100%
– Plagiarism detection
– Checks for duplicate content
– PDF reports can be printed for record-keeping
– Tracks the history of scans
Winston AI offers 3 pricing plans:
Free: up to 2,000 words per month
Essential: $18 per month ($144 per year) — No credit card is required for the free trial.
Custom: contact Winston AI for a tailored experience
Save 33% with the yearly plan.
*Share credits with as many team members as you want.
The plagiarism checker feature is on the paid plan and costs 2 credits per word.
- 3-in-1 Get human, plagiarism, and readability scores at lightning speed [0% – 100%]
- Highlights flagged AI text on a scale of most – least predictable
- No guesswork on how many credits you’ve got left
- Both chat and email support are available
- 2-factor authorization
- Managing files and documents is a “walk in the office”
- The interface and user experience are superb
- No Chrome extension yet
- No APIs available
- No option for side-by-side comparison
- Can’t scan URLs
Start Winston AI for free today.
SEO, Content Marketers, and Website Publishers
Originality.AI lets you detect content from Emails, Google Docs, WordPress, or ANY website suspected of being AI-generated.
Its AI detection tool scans for Chat GPT, GPT-2, GPT-3, GPT-4, and Bard content. Plus, it can detect if paraphrasing tools were used, like Quillbot.
Originality.AI claims to have 96% accuracy, while its closest competitors are only 35% accurate. They say the reason why is that they use massive amounts of computing power to scan known AI and web resources.
- Detect content from Emails, Google Docs, WordPress, or ANY website suspected of being AI-generated.
- Scan your website pages and content written by others to know if tools like an AI writer were used
- Team management: add or remove team members, manage their access level, and view their activity history any time you want
Originality.AI is pay-as-you-go with zero subscription fees.
.01 cent per credit — 1 credit scans 100 words
Existing credits will auto-renew every month. *Must purchase 1,000 credits to try out their platform.
- Unlike Winston AI, it has URL and domain scanning.
- Choose to use what to use credits on AI or Plagiarism
- Takes out the guesswork by recording writers’ and editors’ originality checks
- AI content highlights what you need to rewrite and replace
- Pay-as-you-go pricing model
- No frills and user friendly
- Other reviewers have said it’s been “spot on” accurate every time
- People wrote their own sentences and then spun them with ChatGPT – Originality knew it was AI every time.
- Some customers who tried the plagiarism detection tool said it’s not reliable.
- People are saying it’s detecting their own original writing as AI
- Support and service are “non-existent”
- Like all AI detection software, there will be some false positives
- “Everything is being flagged as AI has written”
- A customer said: “It just looks for grammatical errors, and if it can’t find any – it calls it AI content”
Start using Originality.AI today.
Undetectable AI is one of the best AI content detector tools because it not only finds AI-generated content, it can produce mostly original content in a fast and efficient way.
Simply choose the readability level and the purpose of the content and adjust the humanization strength.
- Choose readability level: Marketing, Journalist, University, Doctorate, or High School.
- Choose content purpose: Marketing Material, Essay, General Writing, Story, Article, Cover Letter, Report, Legal Material, or Business Material.
- AI detector checks for content generated by:
– GPT Zero
– Content at Scale
- AI humanized – adjust humanization strength.
More Readable: If you’re creating blogs, marketing copy, and testing with most AI detectors
Balanced: harmony between humanization and quality
More Human: For AI detectors that are overly aggressive or inconsistent
Undetectable AI offers 3 pricing plans:
Monthly: Starting at $10 for 10K words per month
Yearly: Starting at $60 per year (normally $120 per year) for 10K words every month
Business: Get custom credits with no monthly expiration
Launch sale! Get 50% off with the yearly subscription plan for a lifetime.
- Passes as human on every AI detector on the market
- The quality exceeds any other product
- Undetectable crafts reliable humanized content from AI-generated content
- Consistently outputs content that sounds less like AI
- You’ll still need to do editing, formatting, and fact-checking.
- Sometimes you won’t pass an AI detector the first time, depending on the setting you chose
Start using Undetectable AI
Employees and students
AI Detector Pro is on a whole ‘nother level because it works like an alert system for false AI flags and accusations of cheating.
Their main mission is to help students avoid false positives when submitting their homework and projects.
- Get on the offensive at your job to make sure repurposed software isn’t being used to fire you. Check before you submit your work.
- Students can check that the content won’t be falsely accused of cheating, even though it’s human-created content.
AI Detector Pro offers 3 pricing plans:
Free: $0 (limited to three unbranded reports)
$13.99 per month (normally $27.98)
$139.99 per year (normally $279.98)
$24.99 per month (normally $49.98)
$249.99 per year (normally $499.98)
Get 50% off per month or for the year by applying the discount code: MSXOA3
- 98% accuracy in finding content created by AI
- The free plan is very capable of light AI detection
- Money back guarantee
- Regularly updating their algorithms to provide the most accurate detection results
- The product design is mainly focused on students
- Not many reviews available on this software
Try AI Detector Pro for free today.
6. Sapling AI
Business and Education
Sapling.AI is great for any type of communication, like emails, chats, customer service, and more.
It has a relatively accurate AI content detector too.
Sapling finds more than 97% of AI-generated content while keeping false positives below 3%.
- Straightforward AI content detector
- More than 40 integrations with Sapling AI
- AI messaging assistant
- Grammarly-like grammar checking, spell checking, auto suggestions, dictionary, etc.
- Google Docs add-on support
Sapling.AI offers 3 pricing plans:
Pro: $25 ($300 per year)
Enterprise contact for pricing and API integrations
No credit card is required to start a free 1-month trial.
- Integrate with Salesforce, LinkedIn, Slack and much more
- Works with Gmail, Zendesk, and others to increase typing skills
- Create a large amount of content for minimal costs
- Chrome support
- No extension for Safari
- Doesn’t integrate well with other writing software
- No Google Slides add-on
Try Sapling.AI for free today.
7. Kazan SEO
SEO professionals and agencies
Kazan SEO is a free AI writing detector tool that allows you to check content or multiple links at the same time to determine if AI has been used to create content. There are also a lot of other neat SEO features included.
- Bulk AI content detection using links
- Content optimizer
- Keyword discovery, research, and clustering tools
- Text extractor for SEO analysis
- Generate content with AI
- Email finder for outreach
- Backlink crawler
- Organic traffic estimator
Kazan SEO is a completely free AI content detection tool with no limitations.
- It’s got a powerful-looking, floating AI character on the homepage 🤣
- Text can be as long as you want (no limits)
- Fast analysis and results
- Accuracy is lower than using a paid tool
- No way to check for plagiarism
Try Kazan SEO for free today.
Best AI Writer Software Reviews
*Some of these AI Writing Tools have rewriting capabilities
AI Content Detection Tool FAQs
How to detect AI content?
Identifying AI-generated content can be a challenge, but there are a few simple methods to detect it.
- Look for inconsistencies: AI-generated content might have an inconsistent writing style, tone, or language usage.
- Watch for sudden shifts in vocabulary or unusual phrasing that seem out of place.
- Evaluate context and coherence: AI-generated content may need more contextual understanding and logical coherence.
- If the information appears disconnected or doesn’t flow naturally, it could be a sign that AI was used.
Are AI Content Detectors accurate?
AI content detectors are still relatively new, and only a few tools excel at this because their accuracy depends on the algorithm, training data, and context. Over time, they’ll continue learning and adapting using machine learning techniques.
AI detectors use complex algorithms to identify and categorize content based on specific criteria.
The language complexity and constantly changing content can lead to mistakes such as false positives or negatives where content is wrongly flagged or missed.
It’s important to remember that AI Content Detectors can’t take the place of people when judging if the content is accurate and avoids biases or errors.
The combination of AI and human moderators can create a balance between efficiency and accuracy in content moderation efforts.
What are the most trusted AI detection Tools?
Based on reviews, the top 3 most trusted AI detection software tools are:
After reviewing the best AI content detection tools, it is clear that many options are available in the market.
Each tool has unique features and advantages, so choosing a tool best fits your needs is essential.
Ultimately, the best AI content detection is done with paid tools since they tend to be more accurate and efficient and can provide a better user experience.
By investing in the right tool, content creators, students, teachers, and writers can ensure the work is original, well-written, and plagiarism-free.